On completion of the internship, interns will have developed
1. a basic understanding about the psychopathology of common psychiatric disorders
2. competence to administer basic psychological assessments (psychometrics)
3. a basic understanding of Psychotherapeutics.
Students who are pursuing BSc or Msc Psychology and BSW or MSW can apply for the internship program.
Details of Internship offered for private candidates
Practical under supervision.
How can you apply ?
The internship is offered for private candidates as well as for students pursuing their academic programs.
For students as part of their academic programs
- Letter of request from the institution.
- Specify your needs and expectation before starting the internship.
For students willing to do internship on their own
- Check for Eligibility
- Register using the form given below or visit our Institution
- Specify your Needs and expectations
Institutions that availed our internship facility
- Loyola College,Chennai
- Madurai Institute of Social Sciences, Madurai
- Anugraha Institute of Social Sciences, Dindigul
- Thanthai Hans Roever College, Trichy
- NIEPMD, Chennai
- Madras School of Social Work, Chennai
- PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore
- Fathima College, Madurai
- Bishop Heber College, Trichy.
- Holy Cross College, Trichy.
- Thiagarajar College of Arts and Science, Madurai
- Lady Doak College, Madurai.
- Madurai Medical College, Madurai.
- Anandha College, Devakottai.
- American College, Madurai.
- Cauvery College, Trichy
- Srimad Andavan Arts and Science College, Trichy.
- Jammal Mohamed College, Trichy.
- Bon Scours College for women, Trichy.
- Don Bosco College, Dharmapuri
- Christ University,Bengaluru
- Bharathiyar University , Coimbatore
- Kalasalingam University, Srivilliputhur.
- CMR University, Bangalore
- Annamalai University, Chidambaram
- Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development, Sriperumpudur
- Central University of Karnataka, Bangalore
- Alagappa University, Karaikudi
- Indhira Gandhi National Open University, Chennai.
- Bharathidhasan University, Trichy
- Bharathidhasan University Constitute College for Women, Tanjore
- Mount Zion College of Nursing, Pudhukottai
- CSI Jeyaraj Annapackiam College of Nursing, Pasumalai,Madurai
- Sacred Heart College of Nursing – (Ultra Trust), Madurai.
- K.Rajaram Naidu College of Nursing, Thirumangalam, Madurai.
- Chithirai College of Nursing, Madurai.
- Matha College of Nursing, Manamadurai.
Course contents for the Internship offered by us
Unit 1: Psychopathology
- Classification of mental disorders
- Examination of the Person with Mental Illness – Importance of Interview, Skills in Interviewing, Case history taking and Mental Status Examination
- Psychopathology in Adults: Psychopathology of Organic disorders, Substance dependence, Psychotic disorders, Mood/ Affective disorders, Anxiety disorders, Somatoform disorders, Personality disorders, Eating disorders
- Psychopathology in Children and Adolescents: Mental Retardation, Pervasive Developmental Disorders- Autism, Learning disability, Behavioural and emotional disorders with onset in childhood and adolescence- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorders (ADHD), Conduct disorder, Anxiety disorder
Unit 2: Psychological Assessments
- Common Psychiatric Rating Scales- Beck’s Depression Inventory (BDI), Beck’s Anxiety Inventory (BAI), Brief Psychiatric Rating Scale (BPRS), Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test (AUDIT), Childhood Autism rating Scale (CARS), Conner’s ADHD rating scale.
- Cognitive Assessments- Intelligence (Vineland Social Maturity Scale- VSMS, Binet Kamat Test of Intelligence- BKT); Memory ( PGI Memory scale)
- Personality, Interpersonal and diagnostic Assessments- 16 Personality Factors (16 PF), Sentence Completion Test (SCT), Thematic Apperception Test (TAT), Rorschach Inkblot Test (RIBT).
Unit 3: Counselling and Psychotherapeutic approaches and techniques:
- For Children and adolescents: Behaviour Modification, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Attention Enhancement, Parent Management Training (PMT)
- For Adults: Stress Management, Relaxation Training, Mindfulness, CBT for depression and anxiety disorders, Social skills training, ERP for OCD, Neuropsychological rehabilitation- cognitive retraining (in schizophrenia and dementia)
Unit 4: Rehabilitation:
- Concept and importance, Process, Institution Based Rehabilitation (IBR), Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR), Livelihood promotion – challenges and prospects, Role of clinical psychologists in rehabilitation.
Internship Fees for Private Candidates:
Residential: 9,000 INR (Inclusive of Food and Shared Accommodation)
Non Residential: 5,000 INR
Non Residential: 5,000 INR